(courtesy of Cosmopolitan Primal Girl)
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 1 whole roasted chicken – meat removed and shredded (i picked up a Beretta roaster from Loblaws)
- 1 L of chicken stock
- 1 and 1/2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 bunches of Kale – stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 bag of Kelp Noodles – rinsed
- 1 bunch of green onions – chopped
- 1 Cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp of minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp of chili flakes
In a large pot, heat stock. Once it reaches a simmer, add coconut milk, ginger, chili flakes and kale.
Stir around and wait until kale shrinks (about 5-7 minutes).
Add kelp noodles and chicken. Bring to a simmer and let it go for 7 more minutes.
Add green onions and cilantro. You could top it with this afterwards, but I just added mine right into the pot.
You may need to add more stock or coconut milk if there is not enough liquid or you prefer it soup-ier.